Friday, November 16, 2012

Seven Weeks

Well dude. It's about 2pm Friday, November 16, 2012...This time 7 weeks ago, I was at the doctors getting a non-stress test and a biophysical profile. I was crampy and pretty uncomfortable but I blew it off and figured it was just the last week of pregnancy. I was being induced Monday anyway so it didn't matter. Daddy was all set with plans to go out to a party for the night while I stayed home with your older brothers. I told him he might not be going to that party because I had a feeling that although I wasn't in labor, the doctor might want me down at the hospital anyway. I got to the appointment and they took my blood pressure. It was elevated so they checked me and I was only one centimeter dilated and you were still pretty high but the doctor said he felt I should go to Pittsburgh and not waste any time. Momma rarely listens to doctors so I took my time. Ashton came home from school and I told him and Daddy to pack their things that it was time to go. Daddy wasn't ready so he rebelled and didn't pack anything. He played his guitar while I packed Zephyr's stuff. We got the car loaded, dropped Bubba and Bean off with Meemaw and Lala, dropped Uncle Brandon off at his house and drove to Pittsburgh.

By the time we got to the hospital, I was 3 centimeters dilated. Yep. This Momma drove herself 2 hours to the hospital in labor and stopped at 2 different locations to drop everyone off.

Heck, I even drove home the day after I had you. Balls... I have them. :)

So here we are... Seven weeks later. You are 6 weeks post Norwood and kicking some serious ass. You had to go back to the hospital to get blood but another heart mom, the awesome Kelly, told me blood was the difference between night and day. And she was right. You are on room air. You're eating. Your sats look great. It's like I have a normal baby. But I'm quickly reminded by the scar on your chest that you are anything but normal. You are still in the critical stage of all this. That we still have a long road ahead of us. But baby... You are so worth it.

I love you, Lucky Little Luka. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment