Thursday, October 4, 2012

Consent...

Well, I am sitting here in your room and I'm watching you sleep... You look so peaceful. Not a care in the world. You don't know that tomorrow, you will be going through one of three major life saving surgeries.

I just talked to the anesthesiologist and signed the consent for your sedation. I signed the paperwork for you to participate in a research study... Only because it might help some other little someday.

This is so hard little dude. I cried so many tears before you were born but now that you are here and you've laid asleep in my arms and I've gotten to fall in love with you and your wrinkled head and huge feet, I'm crying a lot more. I am scared out of my mind Luka. Terrified of what the next few days are gonna bring. I have all the hope in the world you'll make it but I'm still scared. 

Oh Luka.. I love you. So so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment