Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Home...

I posted a status on Facebook earlier that said something about home being where the heart is and if that's the case, home is in room 411 of the CICU at Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh. You didn't wait the weekend. You came into the world kicking and screaming at 1:53pm on September 29, 2012. You were my littlest little weighing just 6 pounds 5 ounces and measuring 17.5 inches. Mommy went to three doctor and He sent me down to Magee because He just knew you were coming.

Luka...I told you to wait. I wanted an October baby. You are already being a stinker and not listening. But...you picked your birthday. You chose World Heart Day to make your grand entrance. I couldn't be more in love. You look JUST LIKE your Daddy. It's so amazing. I'm so glad you're here.

I'm sitting in your room watching you sleep. You look like an angel. You are so beautiful. I am amazed at just how perfect you look. You wouldn't even know you were sick had we not gotten a diagnosis while you were still in Mommy's belly.

Today, you are four days old. Today, I got to feed you for the first time. I've been religiously popping fenugreek and brewers yeast pills to bring in my milk and pumping like crazy for you. It's no big deal. I hate pumping but know just how vital breastmilk is for you. You're so worth all the time and effort. I won't ever give up on you. You and your brothers are my entire world.

I could get used to Pittsburgh. Convincing Daddy might be hard to do. But I wanna as move closer to be near the hospital for you. Just in case. You'll have to help me win this one, handsome man. :)

I love you to the ends of the Earth and back again my full moon baby. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment