Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Dear Luka,

First off, I want to say I love you. I always have ever since that first positive pregnancy test. You are such a wonderful and welcome addition to this family. Ashton, Zephyr, Daddy and I are all so very happy you're alive.

But, Baby Boy, please...Make sure the Doctors see that you are perfect on Thursday. No being a lazy bones. Today crushed me. To hear Miss Cheryl the midwife tell me that she wanted a level 2 ultrasound and an echo done as soon as possible...Well, it broke my heart. When she told me that she wasn't sure your little heart was perfect, I felt helpless. All I could mutter was 'What's wrong with my baby' before I lost it. I wanted to scream.

Luka, hearing you had Down Syndrome or one kidney or were missing some fingers, toes...Hell, even an arm or leg missing would be ok. But your heart? The one thing that your life depends on may be malfunctioning? It can't be. We heard it beating. It sounded perfect. Please just let it be that you're a silly little lazy nugget. Mommy, Daddy and your brothers don't want anything to go wrong. We are excited to have you in our lives. We love you.

See you on Thursday little man.

Mommy
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment: