Sunday, May 20, 2012

Lucky Little Luka,

So, Mommy went into panic mode this morning for a bit. Sorry about that buddy. But I got linked up to the statistics of Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh and learned that their survival rate for babies after the Norwood, the first surgery, is low. Mommy can't have a hospital like that taking care of her precious little miracle boy. So I looked and found that Children's of Philly and the Children's in Boston are the highest ranked. So, I got the phone numbers for both hospitals and I'm calling tomorrow morning and getting you set up with the best darn surgical team I can. Nothing will stop me from fighting for you. Nothing at all. You are so very special and important and mean so much to your brothers, Daddy and I.

We are working our butts off on the house. It will be done soon so we'll have a nice place for you to come home to after you have your surgeries. I can't wait! Nice big house. Lots of memories for us to make. :)

Now, after all your surgeries, you'll have scars. But don't hate them, ok? Those scars mean you're a warrior. :) It means you're tough and you kicked the crap out of HLHS.

We decided your full name will be Luka Ray Thomas McDonald...But I think I'm gonna find a different name than Thomas. You need a middle name that means something like warrior or fighter or strong. :) Ray is your Daddy's middle name. Thomas was my Grandpa's name...But you need something more special. I'm gonna look now. Maybe Daddy and I can agree on something. :)

Love you Luka!

Love,
Mommy

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment